The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
• For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
• To enable Independence to collect information which will help us improve our service, such as about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers. This may include monitoring the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
If you want to disable cookies you can do this by changing your website browser settings to reject cookies. However, you should be aware that this site will not operate properly if cookies are switched off. You can choose whether to disable all cookies or just 3rd party cookies. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site, but if you just disable 3rd party cookies you may lose some functionality or benefits but you will still be able to make purchases.
The way you disable cookes depends on the browser you use. We provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers, and you can also get more help by typing ‘disable cookies’ into any search engine:-
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the setting the appropriate setting
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
1. Click the Chrome menu icon Chrome menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Near the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
4. In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
5. Select Block sites from setting any data.
6. Click Done to save.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Just before you go...
If you haven't found what you're looking for
We'd be very happy to help
Open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm